I'm looking
for help...
Aidpage is free!

Free downloads: GrantGate®  Federal Money Retriever®

Child and Adult Care Food Program

Published on AidPage by IDILOGIC on Jun 24, 2005

Administered by:

US Federal Government Agency (see all agencies)
Department of Agriculture , Food and Nutrition Service
CFDA #: 10.558

Who can benefit...

Approved institutions providing nonresidential day care services may participate in the program. Emergency shelters which provide shelter and meals to homeless families are eligible. Eligible public and nonprofit private organizations may include day care centers, outside-school-hours care centers, settlement houses, family and group day care homes, Head Start programs, and institutions providing day care services to children with disabilities. Private for-profit centers may also participate if they receive compensation under Title XX for at least 25 percent of the enrolled children or 25 percent of their licensed capacity, whichever is less. (Through September 30,2002, private for-profit centers may participate if at least 25 percent of the children enrolled are eligible for free or reduced price school meals.) In the States of Kentucky, Iowa, and Delaware, for-profit child care centers may participate if at least 25 percent of the children enrolled are eligible for free or reduced-priced school meals. Also eligible for participation are nonprofit centers which provide nonresidential adult day care, and private for-profit adult day care centers which receive compensation under Title XIX or Title XX, if not less than 25 percent of their enrolled eligible adults are Title XIX or Title XX beneficiaries. Any eligible institution may participate in the Child and Adult Care Food Program upon request with State agency approval.

About this section:

This section lists the ultimate beneficiaries of a program, the criteria they must satisfy and who specifically is not eligible. The applicant and beneficiary will generally be the same for programs that provide assistance directly from a Federal agency. However, financial assistance that passes through State or local governments will have different applicants and beneficiaries since the assistance is transmitted to private sector beneficiaries who are not obligated to request or apply for the assistance.